Tuesday (Jan 4, 2022)
blog post: why i’m launching 31 times in January
- i want to go viral
- but not necessarily from this
- i have a hangup: i get a great idea, plan it, write about it, build 90% of it, and never say a word about it
- instead of hoping for virality or expecting success, in order to do this launching thing regularly, i need to have no expectations and just be myself — otherwise i spend more time overtginking, worrying, and recovering from stess than i do actually working on shit and getting meaningful feedback
- i’m like an actor who keeps practicing his lines in private, but never auditions
- so this is me practicing launching (and dealing with the embarassment of flops / mistakes / criticism), so i can start posting more regularly without as much of a hangup
- that way i can think of an idea and my first thought isn’t: “how do i build this out?” but “how can i tell people about this as soon as possible?”
- all the viral creators do this: they’re always launching, always posting what they’re struggling with or celebrating or learning about
- so, this is me entering the playing field, saying: i want to play. and in order to play, i gotta get over this fear of putting myself out there. so that’s what i’m gonna do!
- when i’m in the habit of putting myself out there, i think the likelihood of something i put out going viral will increase dramatically
- because it’s out there — and not just in my head or in my “currently-working-on” folder on my desktop
- eventually, i want to get to the point where i have the confidence to share everyday emotions and not just projects. it’s a longterm goal and doesn’t come naturally to me. but i think if i’m continually willing to be vulnerable, eventually it’ll come naturally
Finish working through feedback on Freelance Rate Calculator
Got most of it, not all
send email to mvl subscribers
working on the guide
- Decided against, I’ll launch this later
Create intro for Freelance Rate Calculator
So, you want to work for yourself?
Have you thought about what it takes to be a freelancer — all the expenses you’ll have to cover just to get by? And then what about saving for your goals?
You need a map to guide you through the minefield.
Introducing The Freelance Rate Calculator — everything you need in one tidy, beautifully designed (and free!) Google Sheet that’s easy to fill out!
Get started on the freelance journey you always dreamed of this year by filling it out!
Launch Freelance Rate Calculator